Our worst December ever.

Wow, it has been a while since I have written, but it was one of those months.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  Sometimes it's for good reasons and sometimes it's for bad. This was a month of the latter with a few spatterings of the good.

At the beginning of December I suffered a recurrence of Ross River Virus.  This time it came back with a vengeance and did the world tour of my body that lasted for almost 4 weeks.  The muscle and joint pain and stiffness started first along with a headache that lasted for 3 weeks.  Then it moved on to my liver and lungs and finally settled in my lower legs and ankles by making them swollen and difficult to walk.  Thankfully I am fully recovered but definitely not looking forward to a repeat bout.

During all of this I managed to attend my daughters dance recital, helping her with costume changes,  makeup and hair. 

Then we celebrated her birthday (the week before Christmas) with a sleepover for her and two friends.

And finally it was Christmas. 

We got up early on Christmas morning to check if Santa had been (he had) and to unwrap our family gifts to each other. After a quick breakfast we hopped in the car and headed to Melbourne for a family Christmas. 

On the way I got the phone call that my Dad had had a fall and was being ambulanced to hospital with a gash on his forehead :( .
When we arrived we learnt he had been transferred to Royal Melbourne Hospital with a bleed on the brain.  I ate a rushed Christmas lunch and headed in to the Hospital with my Step-Mum. 

We spent the next few days in and out of the Hospital, Dad had an operation to clear the clot and thankfully he was discharged this week.  His memory and speech are improving slowly. We are so thankful to all the doctors, nurses and staff of the Royal Melbourne Hospital for their excellent care of my Dad.

2018 is a New Year and I am looking forward to all that it will bring us.


Enjoy life and live every day as if there's no tomorrow.

Ann
©

10 comments

  1. Hi Ann, Wow...you have been through a lot in the past month. I hope things turn around for you. Wishing you a healthy and happy 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, things are going to be good. May your year be safe, healthy and happy.

      Delete
  2. My dad always says 'when things are going well, expect sh*tstorms'...I hope that was yours and things look up from here. It may sound like just a platitude, but your daughter is healthy, your husband is healthy and both you and your dad are on the mend so it's not all bad- although that's so easy to say given I am not you or going through this. I hope things get better, and your life is easier this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes you are right, we are all well or on the improve. There are other people worse off than us. I am looking forward to this coming year.

      Delete
  3. Oh Ann you have had a rough time. I so hope that this year is a much more positive one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, I am looking forward to this year.

      Delete
  4. What a way to end the year. Hoping 2018 will be better. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb, things are improving and I am definitely looking forward to 2018.

      Delete
  5. I hope 2018 has started off really well for you after this difficult December. Hopefully all that promise that is wrapped up in the start of a new year will unfold for you. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meg, we are moving on well into the New Year. December is now in the past and we are looking towards the future of a wonderful year.

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.