I was going to make Mulberry jam - honestly I was

Back in November our mulberry tree started fruiting.  It is a lot of fun to go outside and pick our breakfast straight from the tree.  The mulberries and apricots ripened about the same time, the peaches are ripening now and soon we will have pears, quinces, grapes and figs.  Sadly the citrus are almost finished for the season.

Anyway, back to the mulberries, I managed to actually pick a bowl full of mulberries, it was one for the bowl, one for me.  I did manage to get them inside before they were devoured, they are so delicious.  I had every good intention of turning them into mulberry jam, but well you know, they sort of all hopped into my mouth.   



There's always next year.

Enjoy life

Ann
©

2 comments

  1. who cares about jam? Fresh fruit is so much better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, Fresh is best, but sometimes when there is a glut of fruit I hate to see it go to waste on the ground. I am always on the look out for ways of preserving our abundance.

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.