How do you take your holidays?

My husband and I have different ideas on how to go on holidays.



When we go away, his idea of a holiday is to get to where we are going and then sit down, relax and do nothing for the whole time we are away.  Maybe he'll do a crossword or read a book or even, for goodness sake, watch the television.

My idea of a good holiday is to explore the scenery and attractions on the way to where we are headed, go to the tourist information office and grab all the brochures of local attractions and sights and then spend our holiday exploring and visiting as many of these as possible.





Is a holiday away for relaxing or exploring?

Ann
©

6 comments

  1. Hi Ann! This must be a common dilemma in marriages - opposites attract? My idea of a great holiday is to lay on the beach with a good book, maybe wander through the shops - especially second hand shops :-) - and find the local markets! My husband, on the other hand, is on the go from dawn to dusk. We went to Sri Lanka for our honeymoon (17 years ago now) and he had us circumnavigating most of the island. I did get to spend a day on the beach!

    I think he's slowing down now that we have young children, though. We just got back from our northern NSW beach holiday yesterday, and we had a lovely balance of exploring and relaxing which suited us both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely opposite attracts, life would be boring if we were all the same. Yes, I think exploring first and then relaxing sounds like the ideal holiday.

      Delete
  2. Exploring. THEN relaxing. I get bored out of my brain just sitting somewhere. I can do that at home. I want to see what's out there, what I can learn... then I can sit somewhere pretty and do nothing. Both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think exploring then relaxing sounds like the ideal holiday. I am going to have to try to slow down and enjoy the tranquility.

      Delete
  3. I had a chuckle when I read this! Television on holidays drives me crazy but I have a sport-loving, sport-watching husband who loves it if there's Fox Sports wherever we are staying. Groan! Meg;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so frustrating on holidays, especially during football season. At least I know where to find him.

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.