How to make your own dishwasher powder 

I have been making my own dishwasher powder for over 12 months now and haven’t looked back.
If you google the internet there are hundreds of different recipes for dishwasher powder, below is the recipe I use:

1 cup bicarbonate soda
1 cup washing soda
1/2 cup iodised salt
1/4 cup citric acid (or borax)
20 drops lemon essential oil
Shake it up in a jar.

To use: put 1 Tablespoon in the powder/tablet dispenser



I have not done a costing as I buy the bicarbonate and washing soda in bulk. But to me I feel that it is cheaper and better for the environment with no chemicals.

Before using please check with your dishwashers manufacturer guidelines.

Enjoy

Ann
©

No comments

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.