What to do with all that garlic....

I was given a bag of garlic by a good friend and rather than see it go forgotten in the pantry I preserved it for future use.

With a bit of help I peeled the cloves.
To make the skin come off easier I cracked the clove under the knife blade (push down gently until you hear the crack) this makes the skin "separate" from the clove and easier to peel.

The peeled cloves were put in a sterilised jar, tap the jar on the bench to allow the cloves to settle together and make more room on top for more cloves.

I then poured olive oil (from our olive trees) over the cloves to cover the top, gently tap the jar on the bench to release any bubbles and fill until covered allowing a bit of room at the top of the jar before putting the lid or seal on.

Store in the fridge for future use or in case of vampires.

Enjoy

Ann
©

No comments

Thank you for taking your time to contact me. I enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas.